The opportunity: We’re looking for an Interim Manager to join us!
The Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance (GVPTA) is currently searching for an Interim Manager to plan and execute programming and initiatives throughout the season, manage the administration needs of the organisation, and to work with the volunteer Board on implementing the current strategic plan. This position is part-time for 5-6 months.
- Work with the Board to plan strategically for both short-and long-term goals.
- Oversee all other GVPTA staff and contractors according to their job descriptions and deadlines.
- Financial management
- Prepare and monitor annual budget and cash flow.
- Make ongoing financial decisions regarding budget development, amendments and/or reductions.
- Manage the organization’s bookkeeping.
- Ensure society filings and statutory requirements are fulfilled.
- Guide fundraising priorities and chooses program areas for grants.
- Assess existing programming and provide recommendations.
- Plan, produce, and/or supervise all aspects of GVPTA-hosted events.
- Take the lead on researching, identifying, and preparing all grant applications and final reports, and liaise with funders and government agencies.
- Oversee overall development and fundraising strategy in consultation with the board.
- Advocate for Vancouver Theatre to raise its profile in the larger community.
We are looking for someone who:
- Understands the varying needs of the membership, driven to serve and advance the community.
- Can balance “big picture” vision and the implementation of strategic plans while identifying and executing opportunities to build a stronger theatre community.
- Understands and embodies the value of working collaboratively - internally and externally - to ensure the organization is representative of its membership.
- Has direct experience or knowledge of marketing and corporate sponsorship.
- Has experience with writing grants and proposals.
- Is passionate, positive, mission-driven, and self-directed.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2016. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. The position will start ASAP.
Part-time at approximately 20 hours/week; $20-$24/hour
Contact name: Kenji Maeda
Contact email: email@example.com