Carousel Theatre Society (CTYP) invites applications for the position of Managing Director. This is a full-time salaried senior management position that reports directly to the society’s Board of Directors. Weekends and evenings will be required.
The Managing Director leads CTYP, in collaboration with the Artistic Director. The Managing Director supports and advances the artistic vision, strategic plan and the mission of CTYP, and is responsible for administrative operations and financial oversight. Start date will be May 15, 2017 or as mutually agreed.
Principal duties include:
• Securing the necessary finances and human resources to support operations and artistic programming;
• Management of operational staff (Education, Marketing, Development, Patron Services and all related contractors);
• Creation and management of annual and long term operating budgets, in consultation with the Artistic Director, and control and reporting on the current financial position of CTYP;
• Overseeing and/or executing the book-keeping for the society, including filing of all remittances;
• Preparation of principal operating grants for CTYP;
• Supervision and/or preparation of other corporate, foundation grants;
• Overseeing patron services, marketing and communications, fundraising and development, outreach, facility management, IT and systems;
• Representing CTYP at local, provincial and national community events and meetings;
• Working with the Board of Directors and the Artistic Director to advance CTYP as per the Strategic Plan, and to actively participate in the development and implementation of future plans;
• Assisting the Board of Directors through timely reports, attendance at meetings, creation of policies and procedures, filing charitable and society reports, and other assistance as required;
• All other management duties to ensure the ongoing operating objectives and success of CTYP
• Minimum five years of experience as an arts administrator, or equivalent
• Minimum two years of experience in a management role
• Previous grant writing & fundraising experience
• Proficiency in data analysis
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lead and inspire a team of people
• Passion for theatre for young audiences
• Previous experience in a senior management role
• Familiarity with Simply Accounting and/or Theatre Manager software
• Familiarity working with the Canadian Theatre Agreement
• Previous experience working with young people
How to apply:
Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2017 and can be sent in confidence to: email@example.com
Carousel Theatre for Young People is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000 per annum (commensurate with experience), plus extended medical and dental benefits.
More information: carouseltheatre.ca
ABOUT CAROUSEL THEATRE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
Carousel Theatre for Young People is an award-winning Theatre for Young Audiences organization located on Granville Island in Vancouver, BC. Each season more than 40, 000 young people and their families benefit from CTYP’s distinctive programming. Under the vision of Artistic Director Carole Higgins, CTYP’s robust activities include a Mainstage Season of Professional TYA (both productions and presentations), the BEE Stage for newborns to age three years, the Teen Shakespeare Program, and a year-round drama school for young people. The organization operates an arts complex on Granville Island that includes three rehearsal halls, a full costume shop and bustling administrative offices. CTYP’s Annual Operating Budget fluctuates between $925 000 to $1 050 000, depending upon seasonal artistic activity. CTYP has a full time operational staff of five team members, and a seasonal production staff.