Théâtre la Seizième is seeking a new team member to take on the role of Administrative Director.
The candidate will work closely with the Artistic and General Director to ensure the healthy management of the company and its development on a short, medium, and long-term basis. The candidate will also help with the development of important partnerships and the exploration of diverse sources of revenue. Bilingual, the ideal candidate must have strong analytic and administrative skills, and pertinent experience in the management of non-profit organizations.
- Work directly with the Artistic and General Direction to develop a strategic and multi-annual plan for the operation of the company and supervise its realization.
- Develop, supervise and administrate the annual operational budget, provide the budget previsions, and manage the financial operations of the company.
- Prepare the financial documents necessary for the solid functioning of the company.
- Supervise and be responsible for the financial growth, fundraising campaigns, and for the solicitation of funds from individuals, corporations, foundations and funding bodies.
- Prepare funding requests and manage their proper administration.
- Negotiate and prepare contracts.
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director, interact and supervise the employees.
- Other administrative tasks according to need.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the Artistic and General Director.
The candidate must be ingenious, forward thinking, passionate about theatre and have the following profile:
- Bilingual (French and English) spoken and written.
- Able to work on an unsupervised basis.
- Has worked in a similar position for 3 years.
- Has experience in an artistic profession, preferably in the theatre world.
- Has experience in budgetary administration, and also in finance and administration.
- Has excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Can demonstrate a capacity to work with co-workers, to be responsible for a number of important tasks, but also to work alone.
- Experience in financing requests is an asset.
- Knowledge of the following software is a plus: QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite.
We provide a stimulating working environment at the Maison de la francophonie with competitive benefits.
REMUNERATION: $42,000 to $48,000 based on experience (35 hrs/week)
HIRING DATE: May 1, 2017
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: April 17, 2017
Please submit your resume, accompanied by a cover letter detailing your interest in this position, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No follow-up phone calls, please. We will contact the candidates to be interviewed.
For more information see seizieme.ca