The City of Surrey is looking to hire a part-time Performing Arts Program Assistant who will be responsible for carrying out a variety of organizational, promotional and administrative responsibilities related to performing arts programs for the Surrey Civic Theatres (SCT). These include theatre presentations, courses and workshops, summer camps, and special events.
· Carrying out theatre presentations, courses and workshops, summer camps, and special events;
· Assisting with the day to day development and marketing of programs and services, database mining as well as program creation, planning, implementation and evaluation
The successful candidate must have:
· A performing arts background;
· A good understanding of publicity, marketing and patron development concepts, and strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Basic experience working with digital images
· A degree/diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in an area relevant to the position
· Plus 2 years progressively responsible experience in the area of specialty, including supervision, or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
· Experience in developing, presenting and marketing performing arts programs is preferred.
The Performing Arts Program Assistant will work in a dynamic arts environment and must excel at multitasking and meeting deadlines. Other required attributes include being creative, detail-oriented, with experience working with performing artists and a considerable understanding and knowledge of the performing arts community, cultural programs, their purpose and objectives.
This position requires the applicant to accommodate the flexible needs of the SCT. Days of work and hours will vary according to the demands of the SCT schedule.
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
The deadline for applications is May 5, 2017
For more information and to apply: surreycareers.ca